As of August 2018
1. Responsible authority
The responsible authority according to the Federal Data Protection Act (hereinafter “BDSG”) is:
If you have any suggestions or questions about data privacy, please contact PatronGG via the email address [email protected].
2. Scope of application
3. Collection and use of data
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes your user name, e-mail address, and, if applicable, user data.
- User-entered data ou can use the apps both with and without registration. You can use the apps both with and without registration. You can register with one of your social media accounts or with your email address. When registering, you must specify your email address and choose a password. This data is necessary to ensure that you can take advantage of the full range of services offered. Finally, we need this, and possibly other data, to respond to your requests, questions and critique. You also need to choose a username and optionally upload a profile picture. We use personal information to provide a safe, effective and user-relevant experience in our apps. We use this data for anonymous statistical analysis to modify the apps and design them user-friendly.
- Social sign in We offer the opportunity to register directly on our products with your existing profile from selected social networks. Our apps use “Facebook Sign In” and “Google+ Sign In”. If you choose to use one of these signup options, you will be forwarded to the respective site, where you will be led through the signup process.
Using the data transmitted from the respective social network provider, we then create your user account, of course without saving your friend lists and contacts. There is no permanent link between your user account and the Facebook or Google account.
Please see the privacy policies of Facebook and Google for more information concerning the purpose and scope of their data collection, their further processing and use of data, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options for protecting your privacy.
4. Where information is processed
PatronGG is based in the EU. By submitting Information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the BDSG.
5. Disclosure of data
As a general principle, PatronGG does not give your personal information to third parties. All Fnatic Nation related data will also be shared with FNATIC PTY LTD, the company behind the esports team Fnatic. To the extent permitted by law, PatronGG may authorize other companies to perform various tasks, such as promotional support or technical services for the apps. These external service providers may have access to personal data to the extent necessary to perform the respective tasks. This data is used only to fulfil the particular task and not for any other purpose. PatronGG reserves the right to use or disclose information to the extent necessary to comply with laws, regulations or legal requirements, in particular to protect the integrity of the app and to support law enforcement agencies and investigations concerning public security.
6. Push notifications
Our apps uses push notifications and you can always choose the way these notifications will be displayed on your device, change your preferences or even disable push notifications. Hereinafter we will explain how to enable or disable push notifications, depending on each mobile operating system we offer the app for.
Open "Settings" on your iOS device and select the menu item "Messages". In the following menu you'll find an overview of all apps that are installed on your device and have a push notification feature. Select the Fnatic Nation or Kokyo app. Here you can activate or deactivate push notifications.
Open "Settings" on your Android device and select the menu item "Messages" which you will find under “Sounds and Messages”. In the following menu you'll find an overview of all apps that are installed on your device and have a push notification feature. Select the Fnatic Nation or Kokyo app. Here you can activate or deactivate push notifications.
7. Newsletter & activities
If you have registered with your email address you may receive an email from us from time to time to inform you about our progress with the Fnatic Nation or Kokyo app.
You can unsubscribe from this service and from the newsletter – if you additionally subscribed for the newsletter – at anytime by clicking the relevant field “unsubscribe” in the respective email.
For some functions, the app needs access to certain services and data of your device. Depending on which mobile operating system you are using, this part requires your explicit access permission. We explain to you - separately for each mobile operating system, for which we offer the app - which permissions are queried by the app and why they are necessary.
- Push notifications: If you select OK in the request "allow push notifications", you allow the app to inform you about certain events and topics through push notifications (e.g. when a game starts), even if the app is currently not in use. The notifications may be made by tones, messages and / or icons (an image or a number on the app). For more information about push notifications and your configuration options can be found under point 5.
- Background Update: This feature allows the app to download and update data in the background, even if the app is not currently open or actively in use.
- Mobile data: This function allows the app to download and update data outside of a wireless network via a mobile data connection (for example, GSM, UMTS or LTE).
- Modify or delete the content of your USB memory, read content of your USB storage: These functions allow the app to store temporarily content on your device. This is necessary in order to provide content such as your selected favourite team, even if there is no internet connection at the moment. The app uses exclusively its own stored content. Other data on the USB memory will not be deleted, modified or read.
- Find accounts on the device, use accounts on the device: These functions allow you to log-in easily in the app with your existing Google account.
- Receive Internet data, complete network access, see network and Wi-Fi connections: These functions allow the app to receive data from the internet (such as news and live scores) and to check whether there is an internet connection via a wireless network or via mobile data connection (e.g. GSM, UMTS or LTE). This is to prevent that larger amounts of data may strain limited data volume.
- Disable standby mode: The feature allows the app to disable standby mode on the device (e.g. for displaying videos without turning off the screen).
- Enable and disable synchronization, read sync settings: This function enables the timely receipt of messages, such as push notifications about top news or when Teams are playing.
9. Advertising technologies
We are using advertising technologies within the apps, for which we collect and process the Apple advertising ID (IDFA) on iOS devices, the Google advertising ID on Android devices and the advertising ID to Windows Mobile devices to provide personalized advertising and evaluate their use. The advertising IDs are unique, but non-personalized and non-permanent identification numbers for a specific device, which are provided by the operating systems. The data collected with these IDs are not linked to other device-related information. Hereinafter we explain - separately for each mobile operating system, for which we provide the app - how to enable or disable these advertising technologies.
- Open "Settings" on your iOS device and select the menu item "Privacy" and then the sub-item "Advertising". If you activate the option "No Ad Tracking", we can only perform limited measures such as the determination of the unique use ("unique user") or fraud prevention. In the same menu you can delete the IDFA ("Reset Ad-ID") at any time and a new ID is then created which cannot be merged with the previous collected data.
- Open "Google Settings" on your Android device and select the menu item "Ads". Activate the "Opt out of Ads Personalization” to prevent the creation of profiles and the display of personalized advertising. In the same menu you can delete the your advertising ID ("Reset advertising ID") at any time and a new ID is then created which cannot be merged with the previous collected data.
10. Counting methods
By using the app Fnatic Nation collects statistical data. However, this data can at no time be associated to your person. This data collection serves to improve Fnatic Nation and to provide you as user with the most extensive functionality possible.
For this purpose we use so-called web beacons which can be explained as simple programming codes that let us know when the app has been displayed or which parts in the app have been clicked on. To this end, PatronGG uses the service of Google Analytics for the web-app (by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). For the mobile apps on iOS and Android we are using the services of Firebase (by Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). The data collected by these counting methods tools are collected anonymously. A connection between your data and your person through these systems cannot be drawn.
You can disable these services if no longer wished to participate in the analysis by :
Web-App:For deactivating the service of Google Analytics, which is provided for the web-app, click on the following link and follow further instructions. tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
In the web app we are partly using so-called cookies. Cookies do not damage your computer and contain no viruses. Cookies serve to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and safe. Cookies are small text files which are dropped on your computer and stored by your browser. Most of the cookies we use are so-called "session cookies". They are deleted automatically after the end of your visit. Other cookies remain on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser on your next visit. You can set your browser in a way that you are informed about cookies and you allow cookies only individually, that you exclude cookies in certain cases or in general, and that you activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing your browser. The functionality of this website may be restricted when cookies are deactivated.
12. Deletion, access to and correction of data
You have rights which you can exercise under certain circumstances in relation to your Personal Data that we hold. Your rights include (but are not limited to):
- You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a promotional communication to a user, the user can opt out of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional e-mail.
- You have the right at any time to delete, access or request the Personal Information we hold about you. Any request to delete, access or obtain copies of your Personal Information should be emailed to [email protected] (quoting “Data Subject Request”). We may ask you to verify your identity to provide further details about your request.
It can take up to four weeks for your preferences to be registered on our system, so you may still receive communications from us during this period.
13. Links to other websites